Wednesday, September 24, 2014

LilyGiggle Jujube Dress Sew Along- DAY 3

I've seen a lot of great looking necklines on the LG group, thanks to our post from Kristi yesterday. I hope you all learned some helpful techniques! 

Today we are visiting another one of the LilyGiggle testers, Kim Wilmes. I'm guessing some of you probably know her from other testing groups, as she does quite a bit of pattern testing.  We fell in love with her twist on the Jujube Dress and thought you might want to try it too.

If you have read through your pattern, you see that today we will be using Wonder Tape. I had never used this product prior to the Jujube dress, and I actually made my first one without it.  Let me give you a tiny piece of advice. If you don't have it, pack up the kids and run to the fabric store and by it! It's worth the trip. I promise. My first jujube had approximately 9,000 pins in the ruffle and took about 20 mins to get it all pinned perfectly! With Wonder Tape you can cut that down to about 2 mins and NO pins. Go get some. For real. 

Who's ready for ruffles???!!  :)


THANK YOU KIM!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment